The Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities provides a variety of services for the University community in fulfillment of its mission to foster a campus community that protects the health, welfare, safety, property, and rights of all members.
If you are interested in any of our programs, we are happy to meet with your department, organization or group. Please take a moment and complete the form at the bottom this page.
Some of the workshops and presentations we can provide are listed below.:
- Academic Integrity: This session will provide information regarding academic dishonesty policies and guidelines. Topics include plagiarism, cheating, falsification, and consequences. Strategies for students to protect themselves from compromising situations is also discussed.
- Civility: We all have responsibility for contributing to a civil campus and community. This session will discuss what that means including topics such as honesty, respect, politeness, kindness, integrity, and socially appropriate behavior vs inappropriate behavior. The impact of social media and technology on civility will be included.
- Communication Skills & Conflict: Our office offers many tips and tools to help others engage with conflict in a positive, healthy, and productive way. Role plays, scenarios, and/or group activities can be integrated into this session.
- Conflict Management: Using an individual questionnaire, participants identify their own conflict styles. This session will present the benefits & drawbacks of each conflict style and how best to work with people with styles different than their own. Role plays, scenarios, and/or group activities can be integrated into this session.
- Services and Resources Offered by the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR): This session will give an overview of the services provided by the OSRR to support the University community. If you think OSRR only does hearings for students, this is the session for you. Find out how our office can support your office or organization.